We’re often asked how people can add value to their home.
And there are plenty of ways. Some relatively cheap and easy, some costly and more difficult.
Most of know that building an extension or installing new kitchens and bathrooms adds value. But they fall it into the costly and time-consuming category.
We’ve had a chat in the office and put our heads together to come up with these five quick and easy ways to add value to your home which will not cost you thousands of pounds and lots of time.
- Invest in a new front door. If your existing front door has seen better days and is looking a bit tired replace it. Not only will it give you a lift (try it, it works as a mood enhancer), but it will go a long way to giving people a great first impression of your property.
- If your home has potential for an extension (side or rear) or a loft conversion get planning permission in place even if you have no intention to get the work done. If you came to sell the property within the time frame that the consent runs up to, you’d add value to your home because you’d be selling that planning permission on.
- Get green fingers – If you have a garden spend some time (or money) on getting it into its best shape. Mow the lawn, do the weeding and create a space which people will look at imagine themselves relaxing with a good book on a summer’s afternoon,
- Fix it. Little things that you haven’t got around to fixing will reduce the value of your home. Fixing them adds value to your home. So, if the doorbell doesn’t work – fix it. A kitchen cupboard handle is wonky – fit it, if there’s a broken paving slab along the front garden path, guess what? Yep, fix it. You want to create an impression that this is a property a buyer could move in and enjoy.
- Declutter, declutter, declutter – it’s a much-repeated property mantra but it is the cheapest and one of the most effective ways to add value to your home. People want as much space as possible for their money, so show your home clutter free and spacious.
Even if you have no intention of selling up and moving on, doing the above things won’t just add value to your home, they will more importantly, help you relax and enjoy your home as much as possible.
Thanks for reading.
Whether you are selling, buying, letting or renting, we’re here to help. Call Inspire and our team on 01293 582335 or email: email@example.com for expert advice which is honest, accurate and informative.