Landlords in Crawley urged to prepare for a rental rush
Last week letting agents in England were given the go-ahead to return to work as part of its Government’s plan to ease the country out of lockdown.
We’ll be keeping a close eye on how the next few weeks pan out for English agents as the guidelines they’ve been given to work to could be like ours in Crawley when the time comes.
So much has changed over the past ten weeks but some things remain the same.
In terms of what’s stayed the same, at Inspire we’re as committed as ever to delivering the very best service to landlords and tenants and to being open, professional, and transparent.
But in other ways, things have changed – a lot. We’ve reviewed all our processes so we can get back to doing what we do best in the face of Covid-19 when we get the go-ahead.
Personal Protective Equipment and social distancing – things we’d never even heard of at the start of the year – are now integral to our plans. And of course, we will be taking our trusty hand sanitiser with us everywhere when the lockdown is relaxed.
A summary of the English Government’s advice for managing the moving process is below.
As a landlord, you should be aware of this because they are likely to similar to those we receive from our leaders when lockdown ends.
- TENANTS & LANDLORDS - Initial viewings should be carried out virtually wherever possible.
- TENANTS - All physical viewings should be limited to a maximum of two people from the same household.
- EVERYONE - When physically viewing properties, all parties should avoid touching surfaces, regularly wash hands and use hand sanitiser.
- EVERYONE - If people are being shown around a property, the landlord/letting agent should open all internal doors and ensure surfaces, such as door handles, are cleaned after each viewing with standard household cleaning products.
- EVERYONE - Anyone involved in any aspect of the home moving process should practice social distancing in line with public health advice.
One thing is sure we will be ready and raring to go when the time comes to get back to work.
Here to Help
If as a landlord you feel you will need support to meet your obligations or have any questions about the rental market and Covid-19, contact us for a chat on 01293 582335.
On an upbeat note, we’re expecting a hectic few months when lockdown ends, as renters who have been unable to move during lockdown will be looking for a new place to live.
The lockdown has left many people in a state of limbo, and when it eases, we anticipate a flurry of activity in the lettings market.
We live in interesting times, but here at Inspire we are determined to meet whatever challenges come our way with a positive, progressive, and safety-first outlook.
Thanks for reading.